Public Policy Input
The Efficiency Council represents the perspectives and experiences of the California energy efficiency industry. The Council presents its recommendations and input to entities that influence energy efficiency efforts in California such as the California Legislature, Office of the Governor, California Public Utility Commission (CPUC), California Energy Commission (CEC), California Air Resources Board (CARB), and other government entities as appropriate. The Efficiency Council also from time to time offers input on federal initiatives to provide the California industry’s prospective.
Supporting activities include researching and monitoring relevant proceedings and providing summary communications to inform members of significant matters affecting their companies. The Efficiency Council regularly prepares and files comments and other written documents, and participates in workshops, meetings, or hearings on behalf of the industry. The Efficiency Council regularly meets with key decision makers and their staff.
Business Development and Direct Member Services
For its members, the Efficiency Council provides:
- Newsletters and/or other information-sharing media to provide industry news and background on business and governmental activities that affect the energy efficiency industry
- Opportunity to be part of the voice for the efficiency industry and provide input for appropriate public policies to support energy efficiency and the businesses that further efficiency in California
- Meeting opportunities with key policymakers in the state
- Information webinars, calls, and meetings to inform members of current issues and opportunities in California and throughout the U.S.
- Web-based registry of member companies and links to state and federal energy efficiency resources
- Business-to-business networking forums
- Social events and an annual meeting for opportunities to network, discuss issues of interest to the industry, and hear from leaders from industry, government, environmental groups, etc.
- An intern and new-hire program that works with colleges and universities to announce internship and full-time openings
- Training programs on efficiency and non-efficiency topics of interest to member companies.
- Opportunity for leading firms to “give back” to the industry and help lay the foundation for its future growth